It’s back-to-school season and a great time to start work on a new project… or 5.
Here are the top 5 garments on my “to-do” list!
- Right now I’m working on the muslin for a Chloe dress. I think it’ll be the perfect little dress for fall, paired with boots and tights! I want to make the entire Niagara Collection by Victory Patterns, but that’s a “to-do” list all on its own. (Note: I blame this post on the paunnet blog for making me want to sew this dress)
- Next up, the Minoru Jacket by Sewaholic looks like the perfect casual jacket for spring and fall. And it has a hood!! I love the collar of this jacket and the waistband… can’t wait to try this one out.
- I feel like every single sewing blog I read has featured this Wiksten tank top pattern at some point over the last year. I want one too! From what I’ve read the pattern is really simple and easy to follow, and I don’t think I’ve seen any of these online that I didn’t love and want to wear every day. Add it to the list, post haste!
- Finally, there are a couple of projects in the Built by Wendy book Sew U Home Stretch that I’ve been wanting to make for a while now. The first is a zippered hoodie. How awesome would it be to make your own hoodie?
- The second project from Sew U Home Stretch is a super cute mini dress — I love the long sleeves and waistband that you can’t really see in this picture. A not too dressy, just dressy enough kind of dress.
I think 5 projects is a manageable goal, and I plan to tackle each of these projects over the fall and winter (and maybe spring…). Check back for pattern reviews as I work my way through this list!