Fall is here, and what better way to spruce up those jackets and cardigans than with a cute (and easy to make) poppy pin. This is a fun way to use up scraps of fabric, and a great activity for kids.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 3 circles of stiff fabric (1 large circle and 2 smaller circles)
- 1 button
- 1 pin back or safety pin
- hand sewing needle
- Using your sewing machine, finish the edges of your fabric circles using a zigzag stitch (You can avoid this step by using a fabric that won’t fray, such as felt or vinyl)
- Layer your three circles on top of each other in a nice arrangement, with the largest circle on the bottom
- Place your button on the top circle, and sew through the entire thing a few times
- Then add your pin back to the bottom of the poppy, and continue sewing through until the button and pin back are secured
- There you have it, your very own poppy pin!
You can also make your poppy into a hair pin, or sew it on to a purse or pouch. Try using a few different fabrics, adding ribbon or lace, or using more circles — the possibilities are endless!