So by now you’ve gathered the necessary tools, but there are a few other things to have in place before you start to sew…
- A large floor or table for laying out fabrics, tracing patterns and cutting out pieces
- An ironing board and iron for pressing
- A table for your sewing machine and a comfortable, chair
- A lamp or bright window
- A waste basket for all of your fabric trimmings and trimmed threads (there will be lots!)
- Music! (ok… this isn’t essential, but it can really help the process)
- You could also add a bulletin board to pin up fabrics, colours or anything that you find inspiring and beautiful…
Here’s the reading list for today:
- Check out this Flickr group that has some really inspiring sewing spaces.
- Whipstitch has a great post featuring some amazing small sewing spaces.
- The Blue Gardenia has a an awesome series of posts that include inspiring photos of beautiful sewing spaces and interviews with the sewers.